Episode 84 of the Jeff Reads His Book is out now! Do you enjoy terrible descriptions of setting, including, but not limited to, vague mentions of interconnected hallways? Then this ep is for you!


Episode 81 of the Jeff Reads His Book is out now! There's a sandwich in this episode! I feel like that was a major theme in Bringing Balance. There were a lot of magic sandwiches in that book...


I love having to add these kind of comments to my code for later...

Episode 79 of the Jeff Reads His Book was released yesterday, which is freakin' late! There's a new character in the book, and the name isn't awful!


What the hell is this? Ugh, creepy GNU post... I’m embarrassed to follow them on the bird site.

Got my replacement ear pads from Koss for my wired portaPros today! They sound glorious!

My NeXT Cube makes me angry. They were terribly overpriced and under-powered computers. Please stop treating them as if the were a miraculous machine. If you own a modern Mac with all its limitations, you're living the NeXT nightmare endgame: locked-down machines with excessively proprietary APIs.

Episode 76 of the Jeff Reads His Book is now available! Wondering how I can possibly equate an ancient, magical, underground fortress with the mall? Listen in to find out!


Episode 75 of the Jeff Reads His Book is out finally even though I recorded this garbage a week ago! Our hero Henry has a surprise in his pocket. Find out what it is!


Episode 74 of the Jeff Reads His Book is out now! This exceptionally short chapter is exceptionally free of meaningful content! If that isn't a sales pitch, I don't know what is! Listen in!


Binaries are available for the LR-87 client. Seems to be working fine. Now featuring mouse wheel scrolling on Windows!


My silly, little client now features working favorites (because I didn't want to use the word "bookmarks") and more attractive buttons on Windows. Have to check that its internal pages work on the dumb terminal renderer as well, but they should.

Still entirely written in :


My favorite days at work are when I get to use the Win32 API. It's so fun and flexible. And I'm not being sarcastic. SendMessage is the greatest! It's a joy to use!

Episode 71 of the Jeff Reads His Book is out now! Since I've totally forgotten to post about it in weeks, why not try catching up with this plot (hint: it's bad) and the book's characters (hint: they're generally unlikable)!

My old composite capture card does pretty okay with the 100 as input. Top line is still cut off to some extent...

On a whim, I tried popping my old Bt848 PCI capture card in my semi-modern i5 desktop. Lovely to see that it still works!

Show more
Toot @ Rainbow 100

Mastodon is a distributed social network of sorts, and this server hosts a tiny instance of it.